Everybody in this world is curious about their data on their mobile phones. iPhone users are one of them, but there is a solution for their data security. iPhone native password protection protects only the lockscreen.People wants to secure their app or folder or files on the phone which nobody can open without their permission.
Now, iPhone users can secure their files and apps using LockDown Pro which can setup the password for apps or folders on iOS 5 or iOS 4 on iPhone. You can download LockDown Pro from Cydia.
Requirements for LockDown Pro:
- Internet Connection.
- iPhone should be jailbroken.
- No other password protection apps should be enabled or installed.
- iOS 4 or iOS 5
- iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S
How To Install LockDown Pro:
- Open Cydia
- Search “LockDown Pro” in the Search Text Box in Cydia
- Install LockDown Pro
- If you want to add more spice to it, you can download LockDown Pro for SBSettings too which is available in Cydia Only.
- Once it will be downloaded, it will prompt for “Restarting Springboard”.
Managing LockDown Pro:
- Go to “Settings” in iPhone or iPod Touch
- Scroll Down and look for the tab “LockDown Pro”
- When you will launch it for the FIRST TIME, it will ask you for the Secret Word and Password to keep.
- Fill everything and save it.
- After saving it will update it’s database and SpringBoard will restart again.
- After restarting the Springboard, go to Settings > LockDown Pro and Tweak the settings according to your needs.
How To Keep The Password For The Apps:
- In the home section or any board on the iPhone, just press any app or folder and keep it pressed unless all the apps and folders starts jigling.
- You can see a grey lock on every app or folder, just hit that grey lock so that it turns “Red”. In between it will prompt you for the password. Authenticate yourself and once the lock becomes red, means the app or folder is locked now and it will ask for the password before opening.